Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Here we go!

Day One of the school year is here. We all got up at a decent time, I made pancakes for breakfast, the kids dressed and finished packing their lunches, and daddy took them to the bus stop before heading off to WV again.

I took the dog for a walk, and now here I am. In a quiet house. Alone.

Well, except for the four-legged residents, but they're no bother.

I can hear the clock ticking ... the freezer kick on ... the house pop and creak as the sun warms it up.


Oh, and the dog snoring in the chair.

I have a list of things I want to do while there is no one around to interrupt me. But I think today, instead of rushing right into the to-do's, I'm gonna' chill for a while. We had a wonderful weekend together as a family and this morning I'm going to stretch that feeling of contentment and relaxation and just enjoy it. The dust bunnies will still be there when I finish another chapter of the book I'm reading and take the last sip of my mocha.

Enjoy your day. I know I'm going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment