Thursday, May 27, 2010

What?!? It's only THURSDAY??

I have been a day ahead of myself all week. By Monday afternoon I thought it was Tuesday; Tuesday morning I woke up thinking it was Wednesday. So of course, when the alarm went off this morning I thought it was the start of the weekend.

Not that the day of the week makes a big difference in my world as a stay-at-home mom, except that on Friday evenings I can let my kiddos stay up a little later and we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning.

And this weekend is a holiday weekend and my Stevie will be home for a visit, so I'm even more excited for Friday to come around.

And I mean really excited.

HOWEVER. I am not sad it is only Thursday. I still have a few more things to do before I will feel like I can truly kick back and enjoy the weekend without racing around trying to finish that ever-present To Do List. I know, it will all be there when the kids are back to school and Steve is back to work, but it's just in my nature that I can't really relax and put my feet up if a pile of work is staring me in the face when I do it. So ... two more days of hittin' it hard, then I'll be ready to hang out and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

One thing I'm working on today is a trellis for some climbing Mandevilla plants I bought a couple weeks ago and finally got in the ground last night. I'll post a picture when I get that trellis up - hopefully later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment