Sunday, May 2, 2010

Clean Slate Sunday: 5.2.10 edition

I am alternately thinking "how can it be May already?" and "wow, thank God it's finally May!"

May = asparagus season. This is significant for me for two reasons. 1) I extra-special puffy sparkly heart LOVE asparagus, and there is nothing like a handful of fresh, local asparagus with (or for) dinner. 2) I pick asparagus from the fields with our neighboring farmer friends for some extra cash. I will tell you I love this gig or hate it, depending on the day, the weather, my schedule, my mood, the height of the asparagus, or the placement of the planets. Today was the first day of picking. More about that later.

May = one month left of school. And then summer break! We will be focusing on doing as little as possible this summer. At least that's my plan right now.

It was an enjoyable weekend, despite - or maybe because of - the rain we got Friday and Saturday nights. I left our bedroom window open last night and it was so nice to wake up this morning to the sound of rain falling and birds singing. Leaves have popped out on most of the trees now and everything smells fresh. I love spring. I can't wait until the danger of frosty mornings is really, seriously, truly gone so I can plant some flowers outside and fill the box that hangs outside my kitchen window with some color.

Time to prepare for the week ahead. For the first time in a long time, I'm not ready. I enjoyed this weekend so much I wish it could last just a little longer.

Dang. How can it be May already?

No comments:

Post a Comment