Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's a jungle out there!

 "Kitteh sez kool tyle feelz guuuuud."

Seriously. Our back yard is overgrown and it's hot and humid and there are bugs everywhere. I slept with the windows open last night with the hope that some of the cool night air would make its way into the house, but not much of it did. Despite that, I love waking up to the sounds of the outdoors. There were so many birds and frogs and squirrels chattering away this morning, it really did sound like a jungle out there.

At least I think so. I've never actually been to the jungle.

Our house is a zoo, though, so maybe that counts for something.

Anyway.

It's another one of those days when it's too hot to do much of anything outdoors, but that's OK because it forces me to focus my energy on Mt. Laundry and all the other things I have been neglecting indoors while I've been out frolicking in the yard. Oh, and helping the neighbors pick asparagus. That season is back in full swing after a hard freeze obliterated the fields a couple weeks ago.

I need to kick it into high gear if I'm going to have everything done before the weekend. My grand plan is to have the majority of the house and yard work out of the way so the kids and I can enjoy the weekend with Steve.

I might need The Force for this one. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment