Monday, May 17, 2010

What is this phenomenon?

You know that one that causes you to want to hang out in the cleanest room in the house? The room you just spent all day rearranging and organizing and making all smelly-goody?

It's that invisible force that draws you to a freshly-cleaned room because it feels all cozy and happy, even though you don't usually spend much time there.

It makes you sit in a chair placed at a certain angle in that room so you're seeing things in a different light.

It's the refreshing energy of dusting off the leaves of a house plant and moving it from a place where it was just hanging out to a place where it will thrive.

It is the enjoyment of a space that feels new.

Am I the only person who does this? Somebody tell me I'm not the only person who does this.

I spent most of the day arranging furniture and creating a little computer/office-y/music listening nook for myself, and now I'd like to roll out my sleeping bag and sleep right here by my desk.

I just appreciate a space free of clutter and full of good energy.

It's the Clean Room Phenomenon.

It doesn't happen often around here, but it's really cool when it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment