Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Do Not Disturb.

I bought a new candle today for the sole purpose of lighting it and smelling it in all its "island getaway" goodness while I soak in the bathtub.

You know, to relax. De-stress. Let the water wash away all my cares for a half hour or so.

Am I the only one who feels like it's work to actually take that "relaxing" bath?

For one thing, the tub needs to be cleaned. It has been used more for rinsing out the mop bucket and hand washing delicates than for actually bathing in lately.

(I know what you're thinking. We have a separate shower for that.)

And then there are the kids. They need to be in bed and securely on their way to dreamland before I can count on having any time to myself.

The telephone? Easy. I can turn it off.

Dog? She'll snooze in her crate.

Front door? Locked.

But I don't have any bubbles. Hmph. I'll have to rummage through the bathroom cupboards and see what I can find.

And I'll have to steal elder child's boombox to play some relaxing music.

On second thought, I don't feel like cleaning the tub. Maybe tonight's "island getaway" will be accomplished with the new smelly candle sitting next to my favorite chair while I read a good book.

Maybe sipping a rum-flavored drink, too.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this post. I actually bought sea salt scrub for the shower because I have given up on the concept of a "leasurily" bath. Thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, either! :)

    ReplyDelete