Sunday, February 28, 2010

Clean Slate Sunday: 2.28.10 edition

I slept through the USA v Canada Olympic hockey game this afternoon. Shameful, I know. I have been staying up late nearly every night over the past two weeks allowing the Olympics to keep me company after the kids went to bed. But after a long week and a jam-packed weekend I just couldn't take it anymore and the couch was calling my name.

Rachel enjoyed her birthday weekend which included a roller skating party with a few friends. I had a blast bowling with Sam in a tournament with his youth league on Saturday. In the middle of it all Steve's dad fell ill and was taken by ambulance to the hospital. (He's OK.) We had cake and ice cream with Steve's family for Rachel's birthday last night after dad came home, then as Steve headed back to PA for work today the kids and I visited with my brothers and their children for my youngest niece's birthday.

In the past week we have celebrated three birthdays. I never thought I'd say this, but I wouldn't care if I didn't see another birthday cake for months. Or pizza. I am so sick of pizza.

So as usual, the serenity of Sunday evening comes as a welcome change.

Looking to the week ahead, I can't wait to continue the deep-cleaning project I began in the house last week. (I know, I'll try to contain my excitement if you try to contain yours.) This also means the opportunity to do some more decluttering and getting rid of stuff. (Again with the squeals of excitement!) Sarcasm aside, I really do love seeing, feeling, and smelling a really clean house. And it's easier to maintain cleanliness once it's there. And it's much less distracting when trying to get two very-easily-distracted children ready for school in the morning.

I'm also looking forward to trying some new recipes. After feeling very uninspired when it comes to dinnertime lately, I've come across some great looking recipes I'd like to try. Mostly comfort food. Go figure. What else is there to do this time of year?

I'm sure there's more, but I am just too tired at this very moment to think of anything else.

Here's to a very productive and at least somewhat relaxing week ahead. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about smelling a clean house. I'd like that smell about now, as I have a kitchen covered in flour and dirty dishes from bread-making, and the place desperately needs a good vacuum and dust. Better get to work! :)

    ReplyDelete