Saturday, March 17, 2012

There's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Today is the last day of the kids' Saturday morning bowling league.

Thank you, Jesus.

I really have fun watching them and bowling has become something both Sam and Rachel really enjoy, but after 20-some weeks of hanging out at the bowling alley for a good chunk of time every Saturday, I'm ready for it to be over.

Rachel won't be bowling today, though. This morning she's attending a class at church to prepare for her First Communion tomorrow.

Did I mention it's going to be a crazy busy weekend for us?

Rachel, particularly, had so many opportunities to go and do stuff that she had to decide what she would miss. Tough stuff for a 10-yr-old, but that's life.

I'm really looking forward to spending more time out working in the yard this afternoon. I was out there last night cleaning out my flower beds and doing some raking (dang stubborn oak leaves don't fall until now) and I'm excited to have some green popping up around the yard.

You would think that after some physical activity and fresh air I would have fallen right to sleep last night when I crawled into bed. But no. My mind raced with plans and lists and ideas - for outside, inside, the weekend, the summer, and on and on. So I'm awake ... but yawning. And these tired bones are moving pretty slowly.

Time for coffee.

Oh! And Happy St. Patrick's Day. Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment