Saturday, March 3, 2012

Snowpocalypse!

Some heavy, wet snow had begun to fall when I went to bed last night, and we woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. Go figure. It's the 3rd of March.

When Sam looked outside he said, "Mom, it looks like Narnia!"






Standing under a tree, looking up ...




It's beautiful out there. And I feel very fortunate that we have just a little snow to deal with while other parts of the country are digging out from under the rubble after tornadoes hit yesterday and last night. I was so glad to hear from a friend in Henryville, IN this morning; she and her family are safe, but her father's downtown Henryville shop where he worked on his race care is demolished. I got a little teary-eyed flipping through some of the photos and news coverage of the aftermath. So much destruction ... and so devastating. My prayers are with the folks touched by these storms.

Be careful out there, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment