Saturday, March 24, 2012

Simple pleasures.


The focus verse for today in my little book of devotions is from a section of John 12.
The house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. (verse 3)
The devotion is all about accepting not only the grand gestures of God, but the simple pleasures of life, too.
" ... no less important are the daily acts of mercy that make the world a kinder and more satisfying home. This, too, is faithfulness: the loving touch, the sweet fragrance in the home, the visual art that adorns the wall."
It seems appropriate for today. We're having an early spring and everything is green. It's been raining the past couple of days and it smells so fresh. I have a vase of daffodils on my table and they make me smile.

Receiving the gifts of the day. Enjoying the little things.

Today I look around and I see so many simple pleasures. And I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment