Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring has sprung!

Wow! I just can't believe this weather we're having here in western Michigan. The whole of Michigan, really. We're breaking 100-yr-old records all over the place.

Today temperatures are expected to be in the 80's where we live. It's in the 60's and creeping higher already and the sun isn't even up yet. I have windows open to catch the cool breeze before it gets hot.

Yes. Eighty degrees is hot to this sister. I'm not a big fan of sweat and that's all I do when it's 80 degrees outside. This may be the year we spring for central air, especially if it gets hot and stays hot for the summer.

Sheesh, is it Tuesday already? We had a beautiful weekend, weather-wise, and not quite as busy as I had anticipated. Oh, there was plenty of running the kids to and fro, but after visiting the chiropractor Saturday morning I was relegated to the recliner with a heating pad for a couple days. No raking. No pulling weeds. No hauling debris. No lugging bags of mulch. Phooey. But my back had been bothering me for a few weeks and this was my second trip to see the chiro during that time and I decided it was best I follow his orders and give my body time to heal up. He said I had two ribs gone wonky which would explain why I felt like someone was digging their fingertips into my right side every time I moved a certain way.

This is for the birds. Today I'm feeling better than I felt Saturday morning, but definitely not 100 percent. I need to start doing Pilates or somethin'. Strengthen that core. I've got too much to do to sit here and watch the world go by.

But enough about that!

Spring break begins Friday. We had originally planned to go to PA to see Steve, but since he is changing jobs he'll be coming home and spending a few days with us, then he will have to be in Detroit (or somewhere near Detroit) on April 2nd. I'm excited. We are all ready for some time together as a family. I'd like to plan a few fun things to do with the kids, but I think we'll just let it ride and see what we feel like when next week rolls around.

And now it's getting lighter outside which I'm taking as my cue to get my body moving. A mama's work is never done.

Have a blessed day!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment Jen...and central air is worth the money BELIEVE ME!

    ReplyDelete