Friday, October 21, 2011

I can hardly move.

Today was a great day.

I went with Rachel's class to the State Park where we walked ...

and walked ... and walked ... and walked.

 The kids had a nature-themed scavenger hunt.

 We hiked out to the lighthouse.
(That's a mile and a half each way.)


My group of girls had plenty of energy, though.


Hm. Not the most flattering photo of me ... but at least I was warm! 
And Rachel looks cute as always.


 Big Sable Point Lighthouse.



Then this evening we all went to the kids' school to participate in a fund-raiser. It was a fun run/walk.

I walked. And now, between all that exercise and all that fresh air, I am so tired and so sore I can hardly move. But it was an awesome day and I'm so glad I did it. Too soon our kids will be grown and gone and I will cherish these memories.

Wait. Did I say "too soon?" Not too soon, necessarily. Just ... sooner than we can imagine on days like today.


No comments:

Post a Comment