Sunday, October 2, 2011

Clean Slate Sunday: 10.2.11 edition

How can it be Sunday night already? Did I not just a few hours ago wish y'all a beautiful weekend?

Well, I hope it's been a nice one for you, lovely readers. It sure has been for us, due in no small part to the sunshine we've been graced with these past two days.

I awoke this morning to the sound of my children watching a movie together and chit-chatting quietly in the living room. That's a special kind of bliss right there.

It turns out the kids were watching Tron, the 2010 version. I hadn't seen it and only know the gist of the story, but I can tell you the soundtrack was a great accompaniment for my Sunday morning. Sometimes when you're not paying attention to the storyline it's a lot easier to hear the background music ... if that makes any sense.

Hm. There's a great metaphor in there somewhere.

Anywho, I did hear this line during the movie and I thought it was pretty profound:
"The thing about perfection is that it's unknowable. It's impossible, but it's also right in front of us all the time."
That's from the main character Kevin Flynn, played by Jeff Bridges.

Something to think about, for sure.

We've had a really nice weekend. Yesterday was relaxing, today was busy and fun. We had some great fellowship, a great meal and inspiring worship at church, then capped off the day with visiting a handful of friends as we celebrated one of the neighbor kids' birthdays. Sam and Rachel ran and played outside all afternoon and they are both zonked in bed as I write. I'm headed that way pretty shortly, too.

The weather man is calling for a beautiful week ahead. I have a list of things I want to get done outside, so I'm looking forward to it. Here's to a productive week!




No comments:

Post a Comment