Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's all about ME!

No, not really. But I did enjoy an afternoon of browsing solo and sipping coffee at a book store yesterday and an evening all to myself last night, stayed up late to watch a movie of my choice, and got to sleep in this morning as long as the psycho kitty would let me.

Sam is away at confirmation camp with our pastor and some kids from church and Rachel stayed the night with my mom last night. I've really been enjoying the girl time with Rachel - painting toenails, giggling, watching Nickelodeon and eating DQ for dinner. What more could a 9-yr-old girl want?

I don't make a point of spending one-on-one time with each of my kids often enough.

I did spent most of Sunday hanging out with Sam before he left for camp. We went to church together (I dropped Rachel off with my in-laws because she wasn't feeling well), we stopped and said hello to my parents after church, and we laughed and talked while we sat in the truck scarfing down some gooey cinnamon melts and sipping frappes from McDonald's. Sam helped me pick out a couple of bright blue Adirondack chairs for under a shade tree here at home, we did some last-minute shopping for him, and then he promptly let me know there was no way I was getting a hug or kiss or even a fist bump as he jumped in the back of Pastor Bill's Jeep with the other boys to head to camp.

Mr. Independence. Hmph.

I have to say, the lack of bickering between the kids has been a welcome reprieve, but I can't wait to hear about Sam's week when he gets home.

It's hard to believe we're already heading into the 4th of July weekend. I'm hoping for a nice, long weekend with Steve here at home ... but I never hold my breath counting on anything when it comes to his work schedule.

And on that note, I'm looking around me and noting everything that needs to be done around the house if I actually want to enjoy the weekend and not be thinking about the mess! Off to spruce things up ...

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I hope Same has a great time! Lovin' that DQ for dinner idea!! I too am thinking I need to get a few things done around here...still piles of leaves from fall . Have a great 4th Jen!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete