Thursday, June 9, 2011

Simple pleasures.

Life has me going at what feels like 100 miles an hour lately, and I'm doing my best to keep up and at the same time take a few minutes here and there to enjoy the little things.

My part-time, springtime gig is just about over and that means a good chunk of time every day will be freed up for me, just in time for the kids to be out of school. I am eager to give the alarm clock a rest.

This morning I'm enjoying the cool-off from last night's rain, and the fact that I don't have to water my plants today. Watching the swallows swerving and diving to catch bugs made me smile as we picked asparagus this morning. And when I returned home from the field I was greeted by the sight of my first few Morning Glories. Everything was pretty beaten down by the rain (and a few minutes of hail!) last night, but these babies opened up during the time I was gone.




This makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment