Saturday, June 25, 2011

A little sightseeing.

It was our comedy of errors. One afternoon while in WV we decided to do some sightseeing. But by the time we (and by "we" I mean me, my children, and my brother's visiting family) got ready to go and decided on a destination it was rather late in the day so we didn't have a lot of luck actually doing/seeing the things we wanted to do/see. It seemed like we either just missed it, couldn't find it, or had the wrong day.

We ended up in Marietta, Ohio, which has an amazing and beautiful historic district. Marietta is about a 20-minute drive from where we were staying across the state line in WV. I'd actually love to go back and spend more time just walking around and taking pictures.

Here are a few I took while we were there. This is St. Mary's Church.

Awe-inspiring.

Almost makes this Lutheran girl want to go to Mass just to see the inside.
And the gardens along the sidewalks? Gorgeous. I ran my hands along the ivy draping over the stone walls ... and soaked up the inspiration for my own gardens back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment