Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday night recap.

Ummmm. Can I have a do-over?

Looking over my list of goals for this past week, I'm not feeling all that great about what I accomplished. Why? Because it wasn't much. But in the interest of looking on the bright side of things, here is what I did do:
  • I kept all of us - me, the kids, and even the animals - alive. There were a few days when one might say I let them live, but those are different posts for different days.
  • I laughed. A lot. I laughed with Steve while we talked on the phone, I laughed with Sam when he told me a story about his friend finding moldy bread in his lunch (In the friend's lunch, not Sam's. Hey, I said I kept them alive, didn't I?), I laughed so hard with Rachel as we watched America's Funniest Videos together that I eventually forgot about the TV and laughed at her laughing at the videos. 
  • I wrote my newspaper column and sent it in. I vow to someday get to the point where I actually write it a week ahead of time and send it in on Thursday. Baby steps. (It's printed every other Monday in the Ludington Daily News, by the way, but if you want to see it you have to pay. Sorry about that. The eEdition is pretty cheap, though.)
  • I drank more water. Mostly because I was too cheap to go to the store and buy more Diet Dr. Pepper, but who cares? Water is good.
  • I read a couple of thought-provoking articles in The Lutheran magazine about faith and social media. The consensus? Jump in! But don't overdo it. Hmmmmm.
  • I took a very long, glorious nap this afternoon. On the couch. With the sun streaming through the windows. Aren't Sunday afternoon naps the greatest?
I know there are more, but these are the things I can think of off the top of my head. Not too shabby for a week when I failed miserably at the things I actually set out to do.

Have I mentioned that I love Sunday evenings? I love the lasting impression of a great message and wonderful fellowship with the folks at church. I love the quiet of the house after the kids go to bed and the feeling of having everything in order for a fresh start on Monday. I love the promise of a new week and a clean slate. Maybe that's what I'll start calling my Sunday evening posts: Clean Slate Sundays. It's a good time for me to note the positives of the past week, make some goals for the days ahead, and generally keep things in perspective.

Now if I could just figure out that "early to bed, early to rise" thing I'd be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment