Saturday, January 9, 2010

Moving forward.

Today dawned bright and sunny. Beautiful. A perfect day for a road trip.

It was the kind of morning when I feel like God is clearly telling us we are on the right track. He blessed us with blue skies as if to say, "You are taking a leap of faith and making huge sacrifices today, so here's a little reward to keep you going."

By the time we got up and had breakfast we had to hustle a bit to get out the door. I was taking Sam to his Saturday morning bowling league and Steve's plan was to leave for W. Virginia at the same time. We managed to pull it off without a hitch. Steve called tonight to say he had arrived in Morgantown and is checked in at a motel. It was a good day.

Sam asked me today if dad is working "near the mountains." Because, ya' know, I am a huge John Denver fan and every time Steve talks about West Virginia lately I start singing "Country Roads." I remember the days of my childhood when my dad drove us from Michigan to Florida to spend the holidays with our grandparents and how I was so fascinated by the hilly terrain we encountered as we got further south. I can't wait to share that adventure with our kids when we finally get a chance to visit Steve.

Tomorrow begins a new week. It's time to settle into a new groove with new routines and inevitably a new set of challenges. I am optimistic. Excited. Hopeful. We have much to look forward to, much to be thankful for, and that's a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment