Sunday, September 30, 2012

Clean Slate Sunday: 9.30.12 edition

Sunday evening again. Time to reset for the week ahead.

I can hardly remember this past week. Partly because it was incredibly busy. But mostly, I think, because I haven't been sleeping well due to this chronic cough/stuffiness/wheezing thing I have going on. No worries - I'm not on my deathbed. I just sound like a 400-pound, three-pack-a-day smoker trying to run a marathon. And that's at 10 o'clock at night when I'm trying to go to sleep.

I wish I were kidding.

So it's time to call the doctor. Even though I have a sneaky suspicion that whenever I can get into the office this respiratory thing will magically disappear. Because that's what happens: I'm fine one minute, then I'm coughing up a lung the next. I kinda' already have it in my head that I have asthma or something similar (like ... I dunno, what's similar to asthma without actually being asthma?) and since it's been getting worse over the past few years, I'm pretty sure it is a result of breathing in the dust that exploded in my face when my car's airbag deployed in a crash in 2008. Or maybe not. Regardless, I need to do something about it, because this is a pretty crappy way to live.

I'll revisit the topic when I know more.

Incidentally, last night I had the best night of sleep I've had in a long time. So I elected to skip church this morning and stick close to home. I ended up making a long list and going to the grocery store. Not so close to home, but it was a necessary task and I feel good having it done for the week.

Miraculously there is nothing on my calendar for this week, except to help serve Sam's football team dinner on Tuesday evening, and then go to his game on Wednesday - and fortunately it's a home game. Hopefully my days don't fill in too much so I have plenty of time to work around the house ... because I have a never-ending list of projects to complete, along with the regular household tasks.

And puppy training. We mustn't forget the puppy training.

And holy smokes, it'll be October tomorrow! Wow.



No comments:

Post a Comment