Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A prayer for my children.

 Rachel, all color-coordinated and ready for the first day of school!
Big brother would not allow a First Day picture. So uncool, mom.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the gifts of Sam and Rachel. Please watch over my children and keep them safe as I send them out into the world today. I pray they will be beacons of light to others. Guide them with Your hand and help them to make wise choices, have a positive outlook, and be respectful. Keep their minds open to learning, both from their books and through relationships.

Bless all the people who care for our children throughout the day: the school bus driver, their teachers and administration, the lunch ladies, playground aides and coaches. May they each have a heart for teaching, and lots and lots of grace.

Lord, thank you for the opportunity to be a homemaker. I look to You to help me make the most of my time so that at the end of the day I am focused on simply loving my children and giving them a comfortable place to call "home."

And thank you for the rain. May it be a sign of new beginnings and fresh starts. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment