Friday, June 22, 2012

An observation.

Sometimes - like tonight - I feel like I've hit the jackpot if I open the silverware drawer and actually find what I'm looking for. Which is good because I might have cried this evening if I went to sit down with my General Tso's spicy chicken and didn't have a clean fork. It's happened.

How is it that there can be a whole dishwasher full of clean dishes, yet not a clean fork in sight?

Here's my observation: No clean spoons? Mom must have sprung for Reese's Puffs cereal. Or a bucket of ice cream. No clean knives? Must be a new jar of Nutella in the cupboard. No forks? Probably those single-serve microwave mac-n-cheese cups. (Don't hate. They're not that bad once in a while.)

My kids, when I buy foods they love, will eat the same stuff for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, using up the supply of utensils in the drawer faster than you can say "get a box of disposable ones." I'm sure they're not the only kids who do this, and I'm not the only mom in the world who doesn't care if they do.

Or maybe they are, and I am. Oh well. What the heck ... it's summer and the livin' is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment