Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Itinerary: Washington, D.C.


Rachel and I (and about 200,000 other Girl Scouts, leaders and volunteers) have a very busy and incredibly exciting four days ahead of us.

This year is "The Year of The Girl" as it is the 100th Anniversary for the Girl Scouts. This year is also the first time since I was a Brownie in the first grade that I am once again officially a registered Girl Scout. We're all celebrating with a trip to the nation's capital, and the Rock the Mall sing-a-long event on Saturday.

It's going to be a pretty intense trip. We will board the charter bus at 7 a.m. tomorrow and spend pretty much all day traveling. I am cool with this. I'm just happy to have someone else driving for a change.

Friday will start bright and early with breakfast at the hotel, followed by a full day of sight-seeing.


We will walk the Points of Light Volunteer Pathway, visit the Museum of American History, the Museum of Natural History, and take a tour down Pennsylvania Avenue. We will have a choice of visiting the Air & Space Museum, the Gallery of Art, or the Museum of the American Indian (suggestions anyone?). Friday evening we will have a "night tour" including the Korean War Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, and if time permits the WWII Memorial and front of the White House.


Saturday we will see the Jefferson, FDR and MLK memorials, then participate in the sing-a-long at the National Mall from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., then more sight-seeing in the evening - the Iwo Jima and Air Force memorials are on that list.

We leave Washington, DC, on Sunday the 10th. We'll spend some time at Arlington National Cemetery in the morning before the long trip home.

I'm excited and exhausted just looking at the schedule! We have never been to DC but it has always been on our family's list of places to visit. I will still want to visit as a family, but the really cool thing about this trip is I get to enjoy it with just my girl.

Well. My girl and a quarter million other girls. Wooohoooooo!! I will take lots of pictures to share when we get home.

I'm so excited!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment