Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's a good day.

Ever have one of those moments that stops you in your tracks and makes you feel like all is right with the world? I had one of those tonight.

The kids and I had just finished dinner and they were helping me clear the table and chattering about the day's happenings. I got the dishwasher loaded and lit a nice smelly candle and poured a glass of wine (I love you, Sweet Traverse Red) and when I turned around to sit down, both of the kids were kicked back in the living room, cuddled under blankets and reading. Reading!! Be still my heart.

This is where the cheezy soundtrack starts playing in my head.

I thought back over the day and it just made me smile. I had coffee and visited with two awesome friends this morning; the sun was shining all day and warmed up the house enough that I could leave the front door open; the kids and I took the dog for a nice little walk this afternoon, and then Sam and Rachel played happily outside together until it was almost dark.

These are the moments life is all about, and the days that keep me going when I think I just don't have it in me anymore.

These moments, these days, and a really good bottle of wine. Heaven. It's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment