Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Everything hurts.

Seriously.

Every part of my body hurts. My feet, my legs, my back, my hands, my arms. Even my hair, I think. I have blisters forming on my palms and chunks of dried mortar in my ponytail.

Today Sue - my godsend of a friend and helper - and I installed floor tiles in the entryway and one large room in my house. It took us some 12 or 13 hours - I don't know exactly how long because after the eighth or ninth hour I was quite delirious.

I should be in bed now, but I made the mistake of sitting down in a comfortable chair to drink a glass of water and I'm not sure I can move. If I didn't have to get the kids up in the morning I would probably just pull a blanket over me and sleep in the chair. For a week.

Alas, I do need to wake the kids for school in the morning, so I better take this tired body to bed.

Tomorrow: pictures of the tiling process thus far (still needing to make a few cuts and then grout) and a rundown of what we have learned by doing it ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment