Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Back in the game.

Ha-lle-lu-jah!

I picked up my new laptop this afternoon and I am way more excited than a person should be about any one technological device.

The fact is, I rely heavily on my computer for a lot of things from budgeting and on-line banking to storing and retrieving all kinds of digital information to keeping me company (and sane) through streaming music and social networks during the day when the kids are at school. I use the Internet to look up recipes, garner inspiration from music videos, look up Bible passages while I read my daily devotions. I post here and read a handful of other blogs each day. I check my son's grades and homework schedule on-line. Steve and I keep in contact throughout the day via e-mail and text.

And for nearly three weeks I haven't had any of that.

Wait. I could send and receive texts, and could at least check e-mail on my cell phone, but service at our house is spotty at best and I could never be sure whether my e-mail responses actually made it out to cyberspace, much less to the intended recipient. My apologies to anyone who expected a reply from me over the past couple weeks but never got one.

I'm still figuring it all out - starting from scratch adding all my "old" stuff onto this new computer and tweaking all the settings to my preferences. I had my old laptop for almost three years and it's amazing how technology has advanced so much in that amount of time. I'm excited about exploring it in more detail when I don't have kids hanging over my shoulders asking if they can check out the webcam.

Several times these past few weeks I really missed the opportunity to sit down at the keyboard and share my thoughts with the world. I'm so glad to be connected and able to do that again. Boy, do I have lots of catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment