Sunday, January 17, 2010

Trial run.

We survived Week One.

None of us knew we would see Steve again so soon and it was a nice surprise for all of us that he was able to come home for the weekend after only a week away. Now it will be at least three weeks before we have another visit. It feels a bit like we are back at square one, but in a good way. Sort of.

Sam was in quite the jovial mood Saturday evening and when I asked him if he was glad to have his dad home for a couple days he shrugged and said something I found absolutely hysterical: "I don't have the chance to miss him if he doesn't stay gone."

Right. How presumptuous of me.

We are blessed with a child who can be incredibly perplexing one minute and fabulously funny the next.

Tonight, as I picked the leftover meat from the roasted chicken we had for dinner, he sat at the table with me and polished off at least three helpings of steamed cauliflower while presenting to me his theory of why broccoli and cauliflower really aren't all that different.

He ate cauliflower!! A lot of it!

The kid amazes me every single day. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not so much. But at least life is never boring.

Here's to the start of another week. I'm going to do my best to make it a good one. The kids will certainly help make it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment