Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Friday!

And the sun is shining. That makes me happy.

Except with the clear skies in the early morning comes cool temps and a layer of frost.

YES. Frost.

On the 27th of May.

I'm squinting at my petunias, hoping what I see through the blearyness is just the morning dew. But my brain is not tricked that easily.

Ah well. The frost was spotty so there's a chance I didn't lose anything. I went out to check on things and took my camera with me thinking I'd give an updated picture of my little flower garden, but the sun wasn't up quite high enough so most of it was covered in shadows.

I did get this, though:

My little helper. Not so little anymore.

And this. Yay for color!

I have been moving a lot of dirt and sod this past week making way for more perennial plants and shrubs. It's made for some sore shoulders and lower back, but I am really enjoying walking out there every morning and evening, seeing what's bloomed and what seems to have grown an inch in the past 12 hours. Or sometimes just staring ... and relaxing.

"There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling."  ~Mirabel Osler

More pictures later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment