Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yummy summer eats.

See that? It's fresh zucchini from a friend's garden. I sliced it in long, thin strips ...

... added some of this ...

... and a bunch of this (extra virgin olive oil) and let the zucchini cook down to a nice, tender/crisp.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.
This was one of our side dishes for dinner tonight.

I could eat zucchini cooked like that for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

But I don't think my kids would appreciate that.

Alas, I must provide some protein.

Grilled burgers. Yum.
With a touch of salt and pepper and a couple tablespoons of A-1 Steak Sauce (just for kicks) added before I pounded out the patties.

I put them on whole grain buns to make myself feel better about eating red meat. Family history of heart disease an' all that. I took the smallest burger, too, so don't give me that look.

Here's the best part, all added to the burger:
A nice hunk o' sweet onion (of course).
A couple slices of fresh tomato from one of my tomato plants. Woohoo!
And fresh lettuce from my friendwiththeamazinggarden.

I. Love. Summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment