Saturday, June 26, 2010

A good-for-nothing day.

What I mean to say is it's one of those days good for doing nothing.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

I love Saturday mornings when I wake up easy. You know those mornings when you just wake up because your body decides you've had enough sleep, and you really have? You wake up feeling rested and not rushed. Quiet, not crazy. No kids fighting over which Saturday morning cartoons they're going to watch (thank you grandma and grandpa). No place to be, nothing on the calendar, no schedule. Plenty of time to stretch, pull on an old t-shirt, and meander around the yard watering the flowers in the morning sun.

I had plans to do a few things outside today, but it's too hot to do any more than sit in the shade with a cold drink. I'm staying inside through the heat of the day and happily using my share of the grid as I run the dishwasher, the washer and dryer, the air conditioner and a fan, and my computer for some tunes to keep me motivated to at least fold the clean laundry.

Oh, and the refrigerator is keeping my beer cold until the sun gets a little lower in the western sky. Then maybe I'll head outside and do a little work in the yard.

Or maybe just sit in the shade and enjoy an easy Saturday afternoon.

Life is good. Happy weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Catching up with you...hope your weekend was great. Miss you, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete