Sunday, June 13, 2010

Clean Slate Sunday: The post-vacation edition

I feel like I have about a dozen little yappy dogs all around me nipping at my ankles and vying for attention. Each one of them represents something I need to do - finish unpacking from our trip, start laundry, figure out what we're having for dinner, mow the weeds. But they're all just going to have to wait because I'm tired and it's hot and humid and I really just need some time to breathe.

I did at least pick up a few groceries this afternoon. And I am going to mow at least a little bit in the front yard. But dinner is going to be something quick and easy, and bedtime is going to be rather early for all of us. We pulled in last night a little after 11:30, and of course it took me a while to wind down after being all jacked up on caffeine to make the trip home from Pennsylvania. I don't think I'll have any trouble getting to sleep tonight.

Sam starts summer school tomorrow. He is not even remotely into it. Can't say I blame him.

I've got lots to write about. I didn't take my computer on vacation with me and there were several times when I just craved the keyboard and a creative outlet for everything that was buzzing around in my head. I'll share some stories and pictures over the next few days. For now I'm just so glad to be home and back in familiar surroundings.

Let the unpacking commence.

No comments:

Post a Comment