Thursday, January 26, 2012

Moving right along ...

Nothing too exciting to report from the homestead these days. Steve is settling in with his new job in PA, and the kids and I are holding down the fort here and making plans to go see him as soon as they have a long weekend from school.

The weather has been bizarre. Snow one day, rain the next, then snow and wind, then a 40-degree day. We're closing in on February and the kids have had three snow (or ice) days from school, all within the past week. My animals (the four-legged ones, not the children) are wanting to spend more and more time outside as if they can feel spring in the air. And I feel it too. After such a mild winter if we end up getting hit really hard with snow now I won't know what to do with myself.

I've been working on knocking out a few DIY projects and I'm excited to share them in future posts. I'm particularly happy with a second-hand light fixture I polished up and will hopefully hang in our front room this weekend. I just have to pick up a piece of hardware at the Depot, and get over my fear of any jobs having to do with electricity.

Sam is really enjoying downhill skiing. Every week when I go to pick him up from ski club he talks my ear off all the way home. I'm excited for him. It's a great wintertime physical activity and he has been working hard at improving his grades so he can continue skiing.

Today Rachel learned in art class how to draw a self portrait. She used those skills to draw a portrait of me tonight. She was so proud of herself, and I was proud of her. I love these days.

So we're movin' right along. Livin' life. Day by day. Tomorrow's Friday - yeah for the weekend! And I'm looking forward to having some time to just chill out with the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment