Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sick and tired ... to sunny and quiet.

That about sums up my day.

I've been sick for ... oh, I don't know ... going on a couple of weeks. It started out as a sore throat and sneezing and watery eyes - I chalked it up to allergies brought on by springy weather - and then after several days I felt really good for ONE day and thought "oh, thank goodness that's over" and then the next morning I woke up with this rattling in my chest and started coughing. And I've been coughing and sneezing and sniffling ever since.

These are the days I rejoice that Steve is home, even though his being here means he is not out there working for a paycheck. He has been cooking and taking care of the kids and generally making sure the house doesn't fall down around us. Oh sure, we would figure it out even if he wasn't here, but it's so much nicer that he is here.

One night my head was so heavy and I felt so cruddy that I went to "lay down for a while" at around 6:30 in the evening and never got up. Around 10 I woke up hungry and stumbled out to the kitchen for a snack. Steve had tucked the kids in and the house was quiet.

God bless this man of mine.

Seems like the universe knew exactly how I was feeling because the weather we've had over the last few days matched my mood. We got a nasty storm Sunday afternoon and evening that covered the ground with snow again. Then a wicked thunderstorm (which I actually enjoyed) wiped most of that snow away again. Yesterday: dreary and drizzly.

But today is sunny and beautiful and it's a welcome change. It's amazing how a little sunshine can lift my mood, even when my whole body aches and I feel like my head is about to explode. A nap with the sun shining through the window is like a cure-all.

So I've been puttering around the house today, clearing a little clutter here and tossing a load of laundry into the washer there. Catching up on some reading. Being inspired as I flip through the pages of the magazines that have piled up recently. Enjoying a good cup of coffee. Watching the kitty stretch and turn as he naps in a chair.

I'm sick and every time I get up to do something it saps what little energy I've garnered. But the sun is shining and I have time to relax and take care of myself, and for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment