Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Technical difficulties.

Argh.

My computer has been out of commission for ... well, since the last day I posted here on the blog.

Today I finally decided she is too old to put any more money into, so I asked my computer guru to recover my files (which thankfully he was able to do) and quote me a price on a new laptop.

Blah.

I did not want to buy a new computer right now, but it has become one of those conveniences of life that I would just rather not live without. Like a microwave. Or a dishwasher. Do we need them? Not necessarily. But they're sure handy to have around.

So hopefully sometime in the next week I will have a new setup. Until then, I'll take advantage of the lack of distraction and finish up a few things I've been working on around the house. I've been getting a lot more reading done lately, too, which is always a good thing.

By way of update for my regular readers, I should mention that my grandma is hanging in there with us. She's weak, becoming more confused as time goes by, and this week started seeing people who weren't really there - or at least we couldn't see them. But for several days she was doing well enough that my parents and aunt and uncle felt comfortable going back to Florida, so for now I'm back to being the primary contact for her.

According to the weather man we have a heckuva storm coming our way in the next few hours. School has already been called off for the kids for tomorrow, and I will welcome the chance to sleep late in the morning.

I see hot cocoa and homemade cookies in our future.

Here's hoping I'm back in business and posting regularly again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment