Sunday, February 13, 2011

Clean Slate Sunday: 2.13.11 edition

I'm starting this post later than I wanted to tonight, but that's actually a good thing because it means the kids and I were enjoying some quality time with my in-laws after a nice Sunday dinner. And since the kids don't have school tomorrow - a day off for mid-winter break - it was nice to not have to watch the clock too closely.

It feels like this past week flew by. The weekend and Steve's very short visit home went even faster. As Sam and Rachel are getting older and more involved in things, we spend more time running them around than we do just being here, together, as a family. There was a moment Saturday night after Steve got home when we were all here, lined up in a row watching TV together and just chit-chatting and it felt like heaven. It didn't last very long but it was nice while it did. And this morning we chose to skip church so we could wake up a little later and not have to rush around and be out the door too early.

Alas, we had to begin our busy-ness eventually, and before I knew it another Sunday was gone and Steve was packing up his clean laundry and leaving again.

Boy, do we need a vacation.

Not so much to get away from things, but to give us some time to focus on each other, just me and Steve, as well as the two of us with the kids.

So I guess that would be two vacations, huh?

Whatever. We'll get there one of these days.

In the meantime, life goes on as usual. Tomorrow I'll have some pictures to show you of the garage sale dresser I refinished (I'm so excited!!), and who knows what else will strike my fancy this week.

Goodnight for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment