Friday, January 14, 2011

A little inspiration.

I didn't sleep much last night. Perhaps a little too much caffeine too late in the day. Maybe some adrenaline still pumping through my veins as I remembered pieces of conversations I've had over the past few days and thought of things still needing to be done - things my heart tells me are urgent even while my head tells me there's no sense fretting over them at 2 a.m.

Grandma is settling back in at the AFC home and the ball is rolling to have Hospice take over her medications and make her comfortable. Grandma and I shared this sentiment yesterday: Thank God for Hospice. What an amazing blessing this team of people is.

It touched my heart to hear the voices of other residents of the home welcome her back and tell her how much they had missed her.

I have just one errand to run for grandma today, and after I stop in to say hello and give her a kiss I'm gonna' come back home and catch up on things here. And probably sleep. I tried to go back to bed for a while after the kids left for school this morning but after the phone rang for the third time I gave up.

As I head out the door I'm thinking of a couple Bible verses that have always been particularly inspirational for me.

1 Thessalonians 5:12-18
Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

And this one, the words of Jesus:
Matthew 11:28-30
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

And because music is often a comfort to me and yet another source of inspiration, I'll share this song from Casting Crowns:



I hope something here blesses someone else today, too.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment