Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy birthday, sweetheart.


Today is Steve's birthday. As we were chatting last night it occurred to me I have been with him - literally, in his presence - for each of his birthdays since he turned 18. I mentioned it to him and he couldn't remember a time before this year that I hadn't been there to help him celebrate on his big day either.

So it's a little bittersweet. I'm sorry I can't be there to crack a beer open with him when he finishes work for the day. But it's not my day, so I'm not gonna' whine (anymore). I'll just share this interesting family factoid: Steve and his brother share the same birthday.

Five years apart.

Steve is the younger (and taller) one.

Can you imagine? Happy 5th birthday, honey! Here's a baby brother for you!

It seems to have worked out fine for these two. They have no other siblings and they are the best of friends.

This birthday makes for an interesting milestone. Steve is now 36 and I'm 34 and that means we've been a couple for half our entire lives. Funny, huh? 'Cause now we spend most of our daily lives apart. Go figure.

As the years go by it keeps getting better, though.

Happy birthday, baby. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment