Thursday, September 9, 2010

The picture project.

One of the projects on my One Of These Days When I Get To It to-do list is sorting through and organizing our family photographs.

Fortunately for me, I did a partial sort and organize when I cleaned out the master bedroom's walk-in closet a year or two ago, so there is not a metric ton of photos and they are at least stacked somewhat neatly in boxes on a shelf in the closet. It won't be a monumental undertaking.

Oh, who am I kidding? When is sorting through boxes of photographs not a monumental undertaking?

I'm actually looking forward to it, though. OK, not the sorting part so much, but that part is just a means to an end and what I hope will be a really cool decorating project.

Instead of leaving all these great pictures in boxes on a closet shelf, I'm going to choose the ones I really love and display them as art in our home. I'm going to start with a section of wall space in the dining room. It's a long, narrow, vertical space that is just perfect for what I have in mind.

 See that empty, sad-looking space? Like a blank canvas, isn't it?

And even after I swore I would stop getting ahead of myself on projects like this (Right. That was sort of an empty promise to myself anyway), I went ahead and visited Goodwill yesterday to start collecting picture frames.

I can't wait to get after them with some spray paint!

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment