Saturday, February 19, 2011

Glitter in the Lint Screen.

If I had thought of it sooner, that would be the name of my blog.

Alas, I have no intent to start another blog or change the name of this one, but I have to at least post about it.

This goofy phrase has been rolling around in my head for a few weeks. It started the day I decided to tackle the mountain of laundry that had piled up in the utility room and at one point during the Laundry Marathon day I found ... you guessed it: glitter in the lint screen. Not just a few specks of glitter, but a ridiculous amount of glitter. Pink and silver. Enough glitter that it made me laugh out loud.

Anyone with a girly girl in their house knows how this happens. Every piece of girls' clothing from shirts to jeans to sweatshirts is covered with glitter and rhinestones and all manner of sparkly stuff these days. Inevitably, now and then something slips through the laundry sorting process without being appropriately turned inside out to prevent losing all the sparkles in the washer and dryer.

The result is a lint screen covered in flare.

And you know what I thought when I emptied the lint screen that day?  

Why doesn't scraping all the fuzz out of this contraption always make me smile this much?

It became my little life lesson. A reminder to be thankful.

How does a handful of errant bling make me thankful? Easy.

First, it's glitter. Glitter should make everyone happy.

Plus, it came from clothing worn by our daughter.

Our healthy little girl.

One of our two amazing children.

That clothing was washed with soap and water, both readily available.

In machines that work efficiently with the push of a button.

Those machines are in a sturdy home.

A warm home.

Which is filled with love.

This home and all its comforts I enjoy daily, thanks to Steve.

My amazing husband, who works tirelessly to provide for his family.

And the list goes on.

See how easy it is? Just get started and the thankfulness snowballs. You can find your reasons anywhere ... and everywhere.

Even in the lint screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment